Wow, what an incredible year! While the start of the new fiscal year last Tuesday has much of Team BCPS gearing up for the next school year, let’s take a quick look back at where we’ve been. Here’s a list of Team BCPS’ top 20 moments from the 2013-2014 school year.
Top 20 Highlights
- BCPS participates as a member of the League of Innovative Schools in a White House workshop on innovation in education.
- Overlea High School receives PrintED graphic communications accreditation.
- 75 students graduate during the first-ever BCPS summer school graduation.
- Ribbon-cutting ceremonies celebrate renovations to Dundalk and Sollers Point Technical High and Hampton and Stoneleigh Elementary schools.
- Sean McComb of Patapsco High School and Center for the Arts earns Maryland and National Teacher of the Year distinction.
- BCPS creates weekly email newsletter. (Push for more subscriptions.)
- Chesapeake, Owings Mills and Pikesville high schools are named STEM Innovation Schools.
- BCPS unveils S.T.A.T., Students and Teachers Accessing Tomorrow, and moves forward with its instructional digital conversion.
- The school system launches its “We Are Team BCPS” campaign by hosting the first-ever Team BCPS Day.
- BCPS students scoop up a third of all Scholastic Art & Writing awards in Maryland.
- BCPS selects 10 elementary schools to pilot Spanish language instruction.
- A Lansdowne High School film receives an honorable mention in the White House Student Film Festival.
- 18 BCPS students graduate with high school diplomas and associate degrees.
- BCPS unveils Parent University.
- A BCPS athlete scores Brittney Reese Allied Sports Scholarship.
- Chadwick, Chase, Lansdowne, Milbrook and Sandalwood elementary schools are named Maryland “Reward Schools.”
- BCPS students spread the message that “Loving Is Louder” during Bullying Prevention Week.
- Two students are honored as top winners in the “Champions of Courage” Black History Month Essay Competition.
- 129 BCPS seniors are recognized during 40th annual Career and Technology Education ceremony.
- More than 200 student musicians perform in annual BCPS Middle School Honors Concert.
Did we miss any top moments? Let us know by tweeting @BaltCoPS with the hashtag #TeamBCPStop20, or comment on this blogpost!