Each year, individuals and businesses make donations to the United Way of Central Maryland, many designate those donations to The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools. For more than 90 years, United Way has worked with leading health and human service providers across the region to identify the most effective strategies to improve the lives of families in poverty. United Way of Central Maryland works with local partners to support health and human services that help people to overcome crisis, stay out of poverty and achieve high-quality, self-sufficient lives. Your support can make an impact helping families throughout central Maryland and within Baltimore County who are facing poverty to obtain access to housing, healthy affordable food and health care and quality education.
If you are a Baltimore County Public Schools employee, you have until December 23, 2016, to consider a donation to those in need. When choosing your United Way recipient, please consider selecting The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc., using designated code #5910. Contributions received through the United Way Campaign via your selection of The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools Inc., support our mission/vision:
To provide and facilitate community and corporate funding to support the Superintendent’s vision that BCPS will create, sustain, and invest in a culture of deliberate excellence for every student, every school, and every community, which will result in BCPS being among the highest-performing school districts in the nation.
All BCPS students will have the resources to enable them to graduate globally competitive.
Thank you for your contribution which provides:
- Support and provide assistance to S.T.A.T. (Students and Teacher Accessing Tomorrow) where all students have the access to curriculum through technology so learning is available anytime and anywhere and other districtwide initiatives.
- Scholarship opportunities to BCPS students to attend post-secondary education and obtain the knowledge and skills needed to be globally competitive.
- School-based grant opportunities that address one of the 21st century themes:
- Financial, Economic, Business Entrepreneurial Literacy
- Environmental Literacy
- Arts and Culture
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Health Literacy
- Global Awareness
- Civic Literacy
For more information, please contact The Education Foundation of BCPS Headquarters directly at 443-809-8962.
No one can create change alone. WE need YOU!
Contributing to a Brighter Future for Everyone